"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
WHO and WHAT IS ZION?, part 3 quotes
1) The foundation of God’s true church, the spiritual Mount Zion which He has chosen and where His glorious and loving presence dwells, is not founded upon any denomination or church, but is founded only upon Jesus Christ!
“If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore it is also contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient...” 1 Peter 2:3-8.
2) Any denomination, church, or religious group which takes the position that they are God’s spiritual Zion, and that all followers of God must be connected with their particular structure or religious system in order to find God and eternal life, are actually pushing Jesus Christ aside and placing themselves as the mediator between God and His people!
“For there is...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”. 1 Timothy 2:5.
As these churches are working against Jesus Christ, this makes them antichrist!
“He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.” Matthew 12:30.
All these anti-Christian churches will fall – no matter who they make a covenant and agreement with to try and avoid destruction!
“...I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion....Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are they that put their trust in him.” Psalms 2:6. 10-12.
“Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind”. Jeremiah 51:1.
“Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us; for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste [be confounded]. Judgement also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place. And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.” Isaiah 28:14-18.
3) There is not a single denomination or church today which is 100% pure and undefiled, without the spot or stain of sin. That is why salvation and eternal life are not found within any denomination or church, temple or synagogue, shrine or holy site, but is only found in Jesus Christ! It is only the faithful who embrace Christ as their Saviour and who fully trust and lovingly obey God who will not fall or be destroyed. These alone will abide forever because they make up God’s true church–His spiritual Mount Zion–which God loves and dwells in!
“They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.” Psalms 125:1.
4) Another way to look at this truth is: since spiritual Zion represents God’s purified people and true church, and God’s professed followers are supposed to be in the process of overcoming all their sins but they have not yet perfected their characters, these would then be likened to sinners in Zion. God will continue to test, refine, and purge the characters of all His professed followers, until they either are completely purified from all sin – becoming His Zion, or cling to their sins and become separated from Zion and His faithful people.
“The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off....For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us.” Isaiah 33:14-17, 22.
In the end, Zion will only be composed of a completely purified and righteous people who are separated from all sin, from all determined sinners, and from all corrupt and fallen churches.
5) God's faithful obedient remnant people cannot fall because they are founded upon Christ – the King of Zion, and He will not forsake them in their time of need!
“Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted His people, and will have mercy upon His afflicted. But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.” Isaiah 49:13-16.
6) Salvation and eternal life is only to be found by being connected to and remaining in Jesus Christ. In remaining faithful to Him you thereby become part of God’s spiritual Mount Zion–His true church–which cannot fall or be removed, but will abide forever!
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36.
“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” 1 John 5:11-12.
7) The Bible reveals that only the following individuals can be part of spiritual Zion:
-- those who turn from their sins (Isaiah 59:20).
-- those who grow in spiritual strength (Psalms 84:7).
-- those who are righteous (Isaiah 33:5).
-- those who are holy (Isaiah 62:12; Obadiah 1:17).
-- those who are united together in message and work (Isaiah 52:8).
God’s word of truth also reveals that only those who are part of spiritual Zion can:
-- be God’s people (Isaiah 51:16).
-- have the promise of salvation (Isaiah 62:11, 46:13).
-- loudly cry out and shout for God (Isaiah 12:6).
-- be delivered (Obadiah 1:17).
-- be redeemed (Isaiah 1:27, 62:12; Psalms 74:2).
-- gain eternal life (abide forever) (Psalms 125:1).
-- be saved (Psalms 69:35).
-- appear before God (Psalms 84:7).
8) How is the cleansing process of God to be accomplished in all the various denominations and churches of today?
“For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” Isaiah 9:6.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” Hosea 4:6.
“Even of late my people is risen up as an enemy...Arise ye, and depart; for this [apostate church] is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction. Micah 2:6, 8.
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.
“Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.” Isaiah 52:11.
God’s appointed way of cleansing is by separating all the true and righteous followers of God from all the wicked and false people in all the corrupt churches of today!