"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
TO LOVE THE LORD THY GOD - Spiritually, Part 24 quotes
1) Are We to Manifest This Christlike Love to All Our Brothers and Sisters in Christ?
There are always brothers and sisters whose particular traits and eccentricities of character make them very difficult to get along with. But we are to manifest a pure unselfish Christlike love even to these!
“My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.” 1 Corinthians 16:24.
“Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints”. Colossians 1:4.
“Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers”. Ephesians 1:15-16.
“But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more”. 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10.
Our Godly love is to extend to all our brothers and sisters in the same faith worldwide, including those difficult to get along with, and this Godly love is even for those who may not yet love us in this same Godly way!
“...though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.” 2 Corinthians 12:15.
2) If we have failed to reveal this Godly love to all of our brothers and sisters in this Remnant faith, then may God forgive us. And let us begin proving our love for one another so that God will again be able to bless us!
“Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door....Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:8-9, 16.
The Greek word for “grudge” used here is “stenazo”, and it translates and means “to make in straits, to sigh, murmur, pray with grief, groan, grudge” (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, word #4727). We are not to grudge against one another, or in other words, we are not to bring any of our brothers or sisters into tight places, or do anything that will cause them to sigh, murmur, groan, or to be in grief which would then force them to pray to God for help to relieve their emotional pain. But if we are guilty of causing any unnecessary emotional stress and pain to one another, then we are under the condemnation of God. Let us instead repent and confess our faults one to another, and pray for one another, so that any divisions or separations caused by our lack of true Godly love for one another, may be healed.
3) One of the Greatest Causes of Problems Among God’s People
Imagined wrongs are one of the greatest causes of emotional problems occurring among God’s followers! Many imagine that a brother or sister has hurt them in some way, when in fact they never did, or never intended to. Imaginary wrongs allow the Devil to stir up our emotions, and then it is almost impossible to avoid involving others in it, which soon causes dissension and division among a once united and peaceful body!
“...let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.” Zechariah 7:10.
“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven...And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.” Mark 6:37, 41-42.
Christ advises that before imagining evil against another fellow brother or sister, first carefully examine and judge our own actions to see if we are guilty of doing the same things we believe others have done against us. And if guilty, then repent and put away this sin.
4) “But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.” Jeremiah 7:23-24.
“Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil”. Proverbs 12:20.
5) “Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth”. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
“Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem [the] other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Philippians 2:3-4.