"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
TO LOVE THE LORD THY GOD - Spiritually, Part 15 quotes
1) The Emotion of Love - in its Non-sexual Form
Examples of this kind of non-sexual love would be the love of parents to their children; love of children to their parents, including in-laws; and love of siblings to each other.
- The Emotion of Love Dealing With Family Members -- Love of Parents to Their Children
The children born to a man and woman belong to whom?
“And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.” Genesis 4:1.
“And I (God) took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac. And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau”. Joshua 24:3-4.
2) What is the reason why God has given children to parents in the first place?
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6.
3) Exactly how should parents train and raise these children of God?
“And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4.
The Greek word for “nurture” used here is “paideia”, and it translates and means “tutorage, education or training, instruction, nurture” (Strong’s, word #3809). And the word “admonition” used here is “nouthesia”, and it translates and means “calling attention to, mild rebuke or warning, admonition” (Strong’s, word #3559). Parents are to tutor, educate and train the children that God has given them by calling their attention to the Lord and instructing them on how to follow His will, and when they deviate from following God’s will then parents are to mildly rebuke and warn them. Parents have no right to impulsively scold, or belittle, or berate their children for doing wrong, but are to instead correct them in a mild self-controlled manner. These children are God’s precious possession, and parents must remember this and always treat their children as the precious possessions of God, while raising them to follow the Lord and to do His will. And in order to properly raise your children for God, both parents need to be devoted in doing so!
4) One of the main responsibilities of husbands and fathers is to “provide for mine own house” (Genesis 30:30). The husband or father is to avoid doing anything with his time or money that will in any way jeopardize his ability to provide and care for his own household and family. If he should instead choose to avoid fulfilling his sacred responsibilities to his wife and children, by finding various excuses to stay away from home, or spending his money in unnecessary areas when his wife and family really need it, then he is in real danger of losing his soul!
“Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him...Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied”. Habakkuk 2:4-5.
“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” 1 Timothy 5:8.
So instead of being an immature husband to your wife, or a dead-beat dad to your children, and being worse than an infidel, you need to do your best with God’s divine help to be a real man.
“Young men...be sober minded. In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned.” Titus 2:6-8.
“(A husband and father) that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity...ruling their children and their own houses well [is what God desires].” 1 Timothy 3:4, 12.
5) One of the main responsibilities of wives and mothers is to “guide the house” (1 Timothy 5:14). The wife or mother is to avoid doing anything with her time or money that will in any way jeopardize her ability to properly guide and tend her own household and family. If she instead chooses to avoid fulfilling her sacred responsibilities to her husband and children, by finding various excuses to stay away from home, or spending her money in unnecessary areas when her family really needs it, then she is in real danger of losing her soul!
“...for when they (women) have begun to wax wanton against Christ...Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith....they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not....For some are already turned aside after Satan.” 1 Timothy 5:12-13, 15.
So instead of being an immature wife, or a could-care-less mother, and waxing wanton against Christ, you need to do your best with God’s divine help to be a real woman.
“...the young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” Titus 2:4-5.
“...the younger women [are to] marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.” 1 Timothy 5:14.