"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
TO LOVE THE LORD THY GOD - Spiritually, Part 7 quotes
1) The Emotion of Love, including Affection and Passion
This particular emotion of love is the most noble of all our emotions!
“God is love.” 1 John 4:8.
But what does – “God is love” – actually mean? As God is eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27), unchanging (James 1:17), infinite (Psalms 147:5; Job 11:7), pure (Proverbs 30:5), holy (Leviticus 11:44-45; Psalms 99:9), and true (John 3:33; 2 Corinthians 1:18; Revelation 15:3), then since God is love, this means that love is eternal, unchanging, infinite, pure, holy and true!
Yet it is even more than this:
“The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3.
By God manifesting everlasting love to each of fallen mankind, then He is actually manifesting Himself to us! It is through His everlasting love that God is drawing us to Him.
2) How is God drawing us?
“And I (Jesus Christ), if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.” John 12:32.
Jesus Christ was and is the ultimate expression and manifestation of God and His love to you and me! Jesus is truly “God with Us” (Matthew 1:23). And it is through love – through Jesus Christ – that God is drawing all fallen and sinful human beings away from Lucifer and back to Him.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:16-17.
“In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.” 1 John 4:9.
3) God’s love for you is true and not phony or false, because God’s love for you was expressed and manifested before you even loved Him!
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8.
This plainly reveals that God’s love for you is also unconditional, and is not based upon the conditions that you must love Him back. Neither is God trying to trick you, or just playing games with your feelings.
“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” 1 John 4:10.
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God”. 1 John 3:1.
4) With such love as this being freely expressed for you, there is nothing, not even the devil himself, that can prevent God or His love from reaching you as His child!
“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8 35, 37-39.
5) When Adam and Eve both chose to follow Satan and committed sin, they lost their pure and holy nature, and became impure, evil and fallen. This means that all of mankind are also of an impure, evil and fallen nature.
“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” Genesis 6:5.
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9.
6) The true form of Godly love is clearly expressed and manifested in self-denial and self-sacrifice for the benefit of others!
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13.
7) The false form of love would be just the opposite of God, and thus would be clearly expressed and manifested in self-pleasing and selfishness that works for the detriment of others.
“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” Isaiah 14:12-14.
“Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned...Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness”. Ezekiel 28:15-17.
8) So there is a true form of love manifested in self-denial and self-sacrifice for the good of others which is of God; while there is a false form of love manifested in selfishness, pride and self-exaltation for the detriment of others which is of Lucifer.
“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” 1 John 4:7-8.
9) Depending upon which form of this emotion of love we express and manifest will clearly determine whether we are showing ourselves to be like God, or are showing ourselves to be like Lucifer. And also depending on which form of this emotion of love we express and manifest will clearly determine whether we are allowing God to live in us, or are allowing Satan to live in us!
“God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:16. (And the opposite of this would also be true: that those who do not express and manifest the true form of love, would dwell in Lucifer, and Lucifer in them!)
10) The Emotion of Love Dealing With Marriage
God creates life by speaking things into existence (Genesis 1:3-31, 2:1-3; Psalms 33:8-9). This means that the kind of love and affection the Almighty expresses and manifests to all mankind as their Creator is that of a Father to His children – which is completely non-sexual in nature. But with humanity, God created our emotions and bodily functions with the ability to create life only through sexual intimacy. And it was through this sexual union that mankind was to “be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the earth” (Genesis 1:28, 9:1).
Even though all of God’s followers are called upon to express and manifest the same kind of self-denying and self-sacrificing love to others that God is and does – and which is completely non-sexual, there is another type of self-denying and self-sacrificing love that is uniquely human and which is sexual in nature. And this human-sexual type of love can become corrupted, and like Lucifer will degenerate into selfishness.
11) “Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul”. 1 Peter 2:11.
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness...and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19-20.
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust (passion) of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would....And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Galatians 5:16-17, 24-25.
Since God has called all His followers to be holy in character (Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:15-16), then it is of the utmost importance that each carefully guard and control their emotion of love – including affection and passion – in all its forms, especially in this sexual area. If we do not guard and control this emotion of love in this area, then the fallen and fleshly form will indeed gain control, and we will then express and manifest the satanic false and selfish type of love.