"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
To Have and Maintain Good Health, part 2 quotes
1) The 8 laws of health are:
“Pure air, sunlight, abstemiousness [temperance], rest, exercise, proper diet, the use of water, trust in divine power.” Ministry of Healing, p 127.
2) Jesus took time out for Him and for all of His disciples to rest.
“And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. And they departed into a desert place by ship privately.” Mark 6:30-32.
3) Jesus Christ alone can provide true physical, mental and spiritual rest.
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.
These words of our Lord God and Saviour are a prescription for the healing of physical, mental, and spiritual ills. If we come to Him we will indeed find help, and He will never turn us away.
“...him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” John 6:37.
4) It is through Jesus Christ that you can be set free from the pressing guilt of sin and escape its bondage.
“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?...For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:16, 23.
5) After working for 6 days in creating this earth God then rested the seventh day (Genesis 2:2-3). As such, God would also have each of us rest on this same seventh day each week.
"For he (God) spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works....There remaineth therefore a rest (Sabbath) to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” Hebrews 4:4, 9-11.
6) Just as sunlight is essential to our health, so Jesus as the “Sun of righteousness” desires to come to us “with healing in his wings” (Malachi 4:2), and He promises healing for every sin-sick soul. Multitudes have a bright hope for salvation if they would only turn their faces toward the Light of the world.
“In him was life; and the life was the light of men....That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.” John 1:4, 9.
God gave you the sun and Jesus to enjoy and receive as a great blessing to all His creation, as well as for health and long life – and for those who accept Jesus as their Saviour – an everlasting life!
“...God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” 1 John 5:11-12.
7) "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize. So run, that ye may obtain." 1 Corinthians 9:24.
Adam and Eve lost Eden because of intemperance. So temperance has much more to do with our regaining Eden than many people realize. Anything that lessens your physical health will enfeeble your mind, and thus make you less capable of discriminating between right and wrong. You then become less capable of choosing the good and avoiding evil, and you also have less strength of will to do that which you know to be right.
"Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." 1 Corinthians 9:25-27.
If you desire to obtain an incorruptible crown of eternal life, and not to be cast away from salvation, then you must be temperate in all things lawful. God will indeed give us all the grace and divine power we need to deny inclination, appetite, over working, excess and temptation so that we may come off “more than conquerors though Him that loved us” (Romans 8:37).