"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
To Have and Maintain Good Health quotes
1) God is concerned about our health and how we treat our bodies.
“I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:1-2.
2) Even though we have been given the freedom of choice, we are still not our own property, because we have been purchased by Christ.
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
3) If we obey the God-given principles and laws of health then we can expect the favor and blessings of God and health.
“If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.” Exodus 15:26.
“My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes: keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” Proverbs 4:20-22.
4) God desires us to be in the best of health!
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” 3 John 1:2.
5) What are these laws or principles of health?
“Pure air, sunlight, abstemiousness [temperance], rest, exercise, proper diet, the use of water, trust in divine power.” Ministry of Healing, p 127.
6) He who created mankind clearly understands our body’s needs, and therefore knows the best food for us to eat.
“Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed...and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Genesis 1:29.
“...and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.” Genesis 3:18.
These verses reveal that the diet chosen for us by our Creater would include grains, fruits, nuts and vegetables.
7) By departing from the dietary plan chosen by God for their health, the Israelites suffered great loss, and disease and death came to thousands.
“And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.” Psalm 106:15.
8) “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.
If we would live by following this simple rule, many of our health problems would vanish, and we would be able to better glorify God!