"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
ARE YOU READY ? quotes
1) “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” Matthew 24:44.
2) Violent and sudden catastrophes are occurring with startling frequency. Hurricanes, typhoons, cyclones, tornados, and other windy storms bringing rain, floods, ice, hail, and snow, are increasing in ferocity and destruction. Droughts, famine, fires, earthquakes, and volcanos are escalating. Wars, conflicts, violent crimes, as well as unexpected accidents by sea, land, and air, are taking more and more lives. The crisis is upon us, and our God is coming soon! ARE YOU READY?
Eleven nations of Europe (Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain) now share a common currency. People are proclaiming: "The national border is over" (CNN Interactive, Specials Section, p 4, December 31, 1998); "The United States of Europe"; the sign of a "New World" (CBS, December 31, 1998, 6:30 P.M.). World newspapers are proclaiming: "For the first time since the Roman Empire, a large portion of Europe now shares a common currency" (CNN Interactive, World Section, p 1, December 31, 1998). The crisis is upon us, and our God is coming soon! ARE YOU READY?
The Catholic Church has been strengthening its Office of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith - which is a modern name for the Sacred Inquisition. The crisis is upon us, and our God is coming soon! ARE YOU READY?
An International Criminal Court has been set up in Rome and an International Court of Justice, or World Court, has already been established. Various International Treaties, such as the Genocide Treaty, have been endorsed by most every Nation of the world--including America. The House of Representatives passed legislation (HR #2431) setting up an Office to monitor every Religion, and to punish individuals, including Nations, who deviate from "accepted" religious belief and practice! The use of civil power on a world-wide basis to force people from practicing the truth of the Bible and from preaching the Three Angels' messages is beginning! This shows that the crisis is upon us, and our God is coming soon! ARE YOU READY?
3) Ready or not, the crisis is here! Ready or not, our Lord is coming! Tomorrow is not the day of our salvation, because tomorrow may be too late!
"...Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts..." Hebrews 3:15.
"...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2.
It is time to "prepare to meet thy God" (Amos 4:12).
4) What can we do to be ready for the crises and our Lord's soon return?
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33.
This verse reveals that God and His kingdom must be first and foremost in our thoughts and practices, and everything else secondary. This will allow us to become clothed in the righteousness of Christ, living in accordance with God’s will, and being ready to meet Him when He comes.
5) “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4.
This verse reveals that if we conform our lives to follow every word of God, then we will be transformed to represent the character of God, and will be ready to meet Him with He comes.
6) “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” James 4:7-8.
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you...But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” Romans 6:12-14, 17-18.
“But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 5:57-58.
These verses reveal that you must yield and submit yourself to God in resisting all temptations. In doing this you would be drawing closer to God, the Devil then has to flee from you, the power of sin will then be broken and you not fall into sin but gain the victory through Jesus Christ. By consistently being the servants of God and steadfastly living the truth and working the will of God, you will indeed become cleansed, purified, free from sin and ready for salvation and eternal life.
7) How do we accomplish this growing in grace and becoming perfect in Christ Jesus?
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ....give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:4-9, 10-11.
These verses reveal that God has given precious promises of divine power in His word that will enable us to escape the corruption of the world - one step at a time - until ready to enter into the kingdom of God.
8) If you wait till tomorrow or the next day to get ready, then probation may close, you may not be fully prepared to meet Jesus, and heaven will be lost!
“The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.” Jeremiah 8:20.
“...the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation 22:10-12.
9) Realize that "salvation is far from the wicked" (Psalms 119:155) because they do not do God's will nor keep His commandments, but continue to commit sin (1 John 3:3-10). Let us get ready now so that our Saviour's return does not "overtake" or catch any of us as "a thief in the night" and we be lost.
We must be the "children of the day" (1 Thessalonians 5:5) who confess and forsake their sins (Proverbs 28:13). We must be those who walk in the light of Christ; those who "fear God and keep his commandments" (Ecclesiastes 12:13), and who "hold fast [to Christ] and repent" (Revelation 3:3). We need to be diligent in making our "calling and election sure" (2 Peter 3:18), knowing that God will not allow any of His people to suffer "above that ye are able" (1 Corinthians 10:13). We must realize that "all that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12), and that it is only through patiently enduring these "fiery darts" (Ephesians 6:10-17) and "the fiery trial" (1 Peter 4:12-14) and persecution that our faith or gold is being "tried in the fire" (Revelation 3:18). If we stand "fast in the faith" (1 Corinthians 16:13) and found faithful to the end, then we will "obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ" and will "live together with him" (1 Thessalonians 5:9-10) forever in "the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:10).
10) "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." Romans 13:11-14.
“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” Matthew 24:44.