"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE GgODS OF MUSIC quotes
1) God and the Lord God Michael/Jesus Christ created heaven to be alive with glorious singing as well as melodious music played on various musical instruments.
“And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:8-10.
“And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.”
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.” Revelation 15:2-3.
Even God Himself sings!
“The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17.
2) The angel Lucifer was created with a wealth of musical talents. The word Lucifer itself means “to be clear” in “sound” or in “color” “in the sense of brightness” (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, word #1966 and #1984). This means that Lucifer was not just an angel who was bright and clear in color or light, but he was also created to be an angel who was bright and clear in sound!
Lucifer was specifically created to sing.
“Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.” Ezekiel 28:13.
This verse reveals that Lucifer was created with “tabrets” and “pipes” in his throat. Pipes would give different sounds when air passes through them, and since pipes refers to more than one, then Lucifer was created with the ability to sing more than one note at the same time, and quite possibly was able to sing all 4 part harmony by himself. The word “tabrets” means “to drum” or “play” like on a “tambourine” (Strong’s word #8596 derived from #8608). This means that in addition to Lucifer being able to marvelously sing, he was also able to add in the sounds of percussion and maintain the beat to move the song forward in a rhythmic, orderly and united form.
3) But God and Lucifer were not the only ones who could sing.
“And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.” Revelation 5:11-12.
4) The Bible reveals that Lucifer was the sole reason why things changed in heaven.
“Thou was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee....and thou hast sinned”. Ezekiel 28:15-16.
The Hebrew word for “iniquity” is “evel” (Strong’s, word #5766), and it translates and means “evil, iniquity, perverseness, unrighteousness, wicked”. It is derived from the Hebrew word “aval” (Strong’s, word #5765), which translates and means “to distort, to deal unjustly”. The Hebrew word for “sinned” is “chata” (Strong’s, word #2398), which translates and means “to miss, to sin”; while the Hebrew word for “sin” is “chatta’th” (Strong’s, word #2403 – which is derived from “chata”), and it translates and means “an offense, or an offender”.
This means that iniquity was first “found in” Lucifer, in other words it originated in Lucifer’s own heart or mind as an evil or perverse or wicked or distorted thought. But instead of Lucifer dispelling or dismissing this unrighteous thought, he dwelt upon it instead. This eventually led him to miss the mark of perfection and then to deal unjustly or to commit sin, and thus he became an offender.
5) What was this first evil or distorted thought that led Lucifer to disobey God and commit iniquity and sin?
“Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness”. Ezekiel 28:17.
The Hebrew word for “corrupted” is “shachath” (Strong’s, word #7843), and it translates and means “to decay, ruin, corrupt, destroy, mar, perish, waste”. So because Lucifer was created “perfect in beauty” and was full of brightness, he allowed his thoughts to begin to center upon himself and away from God. Soon selfish pride began to distort his mind. This in turn caused his great and perfect holy wisdom to become marred, which then began the process of decay and led to his perfect holy wisdom and musical talents becoming ruined, wasted and destroyed.
“For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” Isaiah 14:13-14.
These verses reveal that Lucifer desired to sit upon a throne that was equal to God’s throne in heaven, and thus was above all others – including the Lord God Michael. Lucifer would then be able to have the angels sing wonderful music to his glory and honor.
6) As Lucifer “abode not in the truth” (John 8:44), then he began spreading evil and rebellion throughout all the host of heaven, and defiling the purity, perfection and harmony that had only existed before.
“Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic”. Ezekiel 28:18.
Soon angels from all over heaven were in sympathy with him and growing more disaffected with God and the Lord God Michael.
“By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence...” Ezekiel 28:16.
The Hebrew word for “filled” is “mala” (Strong’s, word #4390), and it translates and means “to confirm”. The Hebrew word for “violence” is “chamac” (Strong’s, word #2555), and it translates and means “violence, wrong, unjust gain, injustice.” As Lucifer kept peddling the multitude of his merchandise of lies, and as more and more angels sympathized with him and in turn shared with other angels exactly what Lucifer told them, soon it could no longer be kept secret but finally burst out in open rebellion against God.
7) Lucifer’s name was then enlarged to also include the names of “the great dragon...that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan” (Revelation 12:9). The Greek word for “dragon” is “drakon” (Strong’s, word #1404), and it translates and means “to look, to fascinate as a fabulous kind of serpent”. The Greek word for “serpent” is “ophis” (Strong’s, word #3789), and it translates and means “a snake of sly cunning, an artful malicious person” and is derived from the Greek word #3700 meaning “something remarkable” that causes people to “gaze with wide open eyes”. The Greek word for “Devil” is “diabolos” (Strong’s, word #1228), and it translates and means “a traducer, false accuser, slanderer”, and the Greek word for “Satan” is “Satanas” (Strong’s, word #4567), and it translates and means “the accuser, the devil”.
8) “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels.” Revelation 12:7.
This warfare forced every angel to decide whom they really wanted to stand with and fight for – either the great dragon or Lucifer, or God and Michael. Not one of them could remain neutral. After all decisions had been fully made, the war was then immediately brought to an end in heaven. Lucifer, along with all “the angels that sinned” (2 Peter 2:4) and who chose “with folly” (Job 4:18) to join his rebellion against God and Michael, “prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out...and his angels were cast out with him” (Revelation 12:8-9). Their defeat and casting out of heaven was not a lengthy process, but it all happened as fast as “lightning” (Luke 10:18)!
After the warfare was ended and Lucifer and his angels were no longer in “their first estate” and “habitation” in heaven (Jude 1:6), an account was taken and it was discovered that Lucifer had taken with him “the third part of the stars (angels) of heaven” (Revelation 12:4), while two thirds had remained loyal to God and Michael.
9) But why didn't God and Michael just destroy Lucifer and his rebelious angels instead of just casting them out alive? Because even though the loyal angels had chosen to remain connected with God, yet they had heard Lucifer’s deceptive accusations against God and Michael which just might affect them at some point in the future and thus foster another rebellion. So by wisely allowing Lucifer and his angels to live, the time would come in which his true character of evil would be so fully manifested that all of his accusations would be proven to be lies and finally be eliminated from every angelic heart. Every heavenly angel would then fully understand for themselves that God’s law is perfect because God Himself is perfectly righteous in all areas, completely just in all decisions, and in and with Him is no sin or iniquity at all (2 Chronicles 19:7; Psalms 5:4).