"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
JESUS - MY RIGHTEOUSNESS, part 4 quotes
1) “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus”. Romans 8:1.
2) “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins: Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:1-10.
3) Salvation is not only by faith, but it is also through faith and works!
“But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.” 2 Thessalonians 2:13.
What does the word “sanctification” mean? Both the Hebrew and Greek words for “sanctification” or to “sanctify” or be “sanctified”, all translate and mean “to purify or be purified” (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, Hebrew word #6942; Greek words #37 and 38).
How are we sanctified?
“And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.” John 17:19.
“Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour.” 1 Thessalonians 4:1-4.
4) God is actively helping His followers to become purified before Christ comes again.
“But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.” Malachi 3:2-3.
How is this purification process in us to be accomplished?
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.” Titus 2:11-13.
5) “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7.
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14.
6) “Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.” Luke 13:24.
The Greek word for “strive” is “agonizomai”, and it translates and means and it means “to struggle, to contend with an adversary, to fight, to labor fervently, strive” (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, word #75). There are many Christians who desire to enter in at this straight gate and narrow pathway, who want to do God’s will, keep His commandments and gain eternal life, but they will not put forth the efforts necessary to struggle and labor fervently in fighting against this adversary that is pulling them downward to destruction. This adversary is the Devil, and this downward force is in our flesh!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1.
7) “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would....Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Galatians 5:16 -17, 19-25.
8) How many victories over our flesh can we obtain?
“If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Mark 9:23.