"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE CHARACTER OF GOD, part 5 (final) quotes
1) The Lord God Michael was working for the salvation and deliverance of His followers as well as for each and every human being by manifesting His love to them.
As the Lord God Michael first loved humanity, then He chose to freely manifest His love in kind actions towards all in the hope that by observing “these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the Lord” (Psalms 107:43), and in turn begin to fall in love with Him and want to learn more about Him. As their searching would lead them to the realization that in this loving God alone was their salvation to be found, their growing love for Him would lead them to choose Him as their God and Saviour. Their choice to serve God would be done out of love, and not out of fear or from force. Michael’s love for them that would keep Him true to His covenant promise to be their God and save them from everlasting death, and their love for Him as their God and Saviour that would keep them true to their covenant promise to keep His commandments and live in them.
This saving knowledge of the truth about the Lord God Michael was not to be kept hidden away, but was to be given out to all who would listen and believe. That is why the Lord chose Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all their Israelite posterity above all other people of the earth so that they could be His witnesses to all other nations.
2) God's blessings upon His people above all other peoples on the earth, His miraculously defending them, working mighty wonders in their behalf, and in manifesting such great and infinite love for them, would come into the notice of all other nations. All would become curious to want to know more about this God of Israel. Those who asked questions and took the time to search out more about this Lord God of Israel, would understand that the Lord God Michael was personally reaching out to them with the truth that only He could save them from everlasting destruction, and that He was willing to save them simply because He loved them.
“His banner over me was love”. Song of Solomon 2:4.
What proved this to be indeed true was because this mighty Lord God Michael “hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back” (Isaiah 38:17).
In manifesting such love, the Lord God was seeking corresponding love in return.
“He that covereth a transgression seeketh love [in return].” Proverbs 17:9.
Thus the mighty Lord God Michael was actually drawing people to Him through manifesting His great love for them. The Lord God Michael “drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love” (Hosea 11:3), and admits that “with lovingkindness have I drawn thee” to Me (Jeremiah 31:3).
3) Many Israelites accepted the great love of the Lord God Michael into their lives, and fell in love with Him. They decided that they would "go...[and] seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.” Yet they did not give up, but continued searching, and “It was but a little...[while later that] I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go...” (Song of Solomon 3:2, 4). So today, each person must individually “seek ye the Lord while he may be found” (Isaiah 55:6), and you are not to quit searching until you find Him.
“And ye shall seek me and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart, and I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity (or free and save you from all of your sins and death), and I will gather you from all the nations (or separate you away from all groups who have given their affections to Lucifer)...and I will bring you again into the place [of the promised land].” Jeremiah 29:13-14.
4) In all that we have learned, the mighty Lord God Michael did in fact “make all my goodness pass before” Moses (Exodus 33:19); He did in fact “proclaim the name of the Lord before thee” (Exodus 33:19); He did in fact make all “my glory” to pass by (Exodus 33:22), and Moses was indeed clearly shown the “way” of the Lord God (Exodus 33:13) so that he might “know” God (Exodus 33:13), fall in love with Him, and then correctly represent Him to others. Moses clearly saw that this goodness, glory, the way and the name of the mighty Lord God Michael all pertained to His glorious, loving character.
Moses realized as never before that to know the Lord and be able to proclaim His name to others, was not to know a literal Hebrew or Aramaic name to call God, but it was to know His beautiful character! To see the way or course of action of the Lord God Michael, to be able to know His name and understand Him and His glory, was to discover and understand His character. And God’s character was pure love, pure righteousness, and pure holiness without the slightest bit of evil or wickedness.
5) Will you choose a loving God to be your Saviour and Redeemer from all sin and death, and cling to Him in unity regardless of the cost? When the Lord God Michael or Jesus Christ comes again will you be heard declaring:
“Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation” Isaiah 25:9.
Or will you instead reject this loving God and Saviour, and be found vainly trying to escape from being destroyed “with the brightness of his coming” (2 Thessalonians 2:8) by running “into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty” (Isaiah 2:19), and be heard instead calling to the mountains and rocks:
“Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” Revelation 6:16-17.
What is your decision going to be?