"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE CHARACTER OF GOD, part 4 quotes
1) Characteristic #9 – The Lord God Michael will be “visiting the iniquity of the fathers” upon their children and grandchildren “unto the third and to the fourth generation”.
We have discovered that the Lord God Michael is completely fair in all of His dealings with sinners, even declaring that “The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin” (Deuteronomy 24:16). But then how can the Lord God Michael not attribute sin and its punishment of death upon the children of sinful fathers, and yet at the same time be visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon their children to the 3rd and 4th generation?
The Hebrew word for “visiting” used is “paqad”, which translates and means “to visit with hostile intent, to oversee, appoint, bestow, lay up, punish, reckon, set over” (Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, word #6485). This means that it was not that the children would be held guilty for the iniquity which their father committed, but that their father’s own iniquity would be laid up for, reckoned and appointed to, visited upon and set over his children and their offspring for years to come, and thus they would be more susceptible towards developing these same sinful habits in their own lives.
The Hebrew word for “iniquity” used is “avown”, which translates and means “perversity, moral evil, fault, iniquity, mischief” (Strong’s, word #5771). This means that any fault in character due to the indulgence of any sinful habits, especially those habits dealing with sexual perversity, immorality, sensual pervasiveness, adultery, and any other improper sexual behavior, would become so ingrained into the genetic makeup of the father that he would pass on to his children these same sinful tendencies, as well as through their genes to their children and children’s children. Especially is this the case dealing with sexual evil, because this type of action affects the body as no other sin can do!
“Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication (unlawful sexual actions) sinneth against his own body”. 1 Corinthians 6:18.
2) If we have inherited the evil tendencies passed on to us through the genes of 3-4 generations of fathers, then let us remember that there are no evil tendencies, and there are no sins or evil habits however strong, that cannot be overcome through the strength and grace freely given us by our Lord God. In our own strength we "can do nothing” (John 15:5). But "with God nothing shall be impossible” (Luke 1:37) to overcome, and together we have the firm assurance that “all things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9:23).
This also reveals that the love of the Lord God Michael for us “is not easily provoked” (1 Corinthians 13:5), nor does it “behave itself unseemly” (1 Corinthians 13:5), and truly it “envieth not” (1 Corinthians 13:4) and refuses to hold grudges or hot feelings of malevelance towards or against us. But the infinite love of the Lord God is freely manifested to lead us to understand that if we choose to give up our sins and unite ourselves with Him, then through His divine power working in us there will be no sins or character defects that together we cannot overcome!
3) The one common principle seen throughout all 9 glorious characteristics of the Lord God Michael is pure, tender, kind and compassionate love. In fact love is all that God is.
"God is love". 1 John 4:8.
It was the Lord God Michael’s love that prevented Adam and Eve from instantly being destroyed when they chose to sin; it was His love that led Him to become the Substitute and Sacrifice in making the plan of Salvation possible for all mankind; it was His love that allowed 120 years of warning messages of a coming flood to be given so all had plenty of time to make their own decisions to be saved or lost; it was His love that chose, watched over, protected, prospered and guided Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all their posterity while among the heathen and wicked nations; and it was the Lord God Michael’s love for His people that led Him to work all of His wonders and miracles in delivering and redeeming every one of them all from their bondage and captivity to the Egyptians!
“The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.” Deuteronomy 7:7-8.
As true “Love covereth all sins” (Proverbs 10:12), then Michael mercifully and freely forgive every sin of all who would come to Him in repentance, sparing and delivering them from eternal death!
4) The love of the mighty Lord God Michael towards each and every human being is expressed at least 21 different times in the Old Testament scriptures through 4 different Hebrew words: “ahab”, “ahabah”, “chaba” and “chashaq”. The word “ahab” translates and means “to have affection for, to love” (Strong’s, word #157); “ahabah” translates and means the feminine form of “to have affection for, to love” (Strong’s, word #160); “chaba” translates and means “to hide in the bosom, to cherish with affection and love” (Strong’s, word #2245); and “chashaq” translates and means “to cling to or join, to love, to delight in, to deliver” (Strong’s, word #2836).
Putting all these meanings together we see that the type of love which the mighty Lord God Michael manifests towards each and every human being is a love that is full of affection; a love that moves Him to cling to or join with or embrace us in His strong arms and hide us in His bosom, because He delights in us, He cherishes us, and He longs to deliver us from sin and destruction! And this marvelous, cherishing and affectionate love of the Lord God Michael for each human being is not lacking or failing in any area, because His love for us is in both the masculine and feminine form. In other words, it is not that the Lord God Michael is both a male and female in one Being as the pagans believe, but since the masculine form of love is more of a tough, firm love, and the feminine form is more of a tender, soft love, then the type of love that the mighty Lord God Michael manifests is one that embraces both forms, thus making His love for us rich, full, perfect and wonderfully complete.
The Bible also declares that the Lord God Michael is the same yesterday, today and forever. This would then mean that His rich, full, perfect, complete, unpretending and unreserved love towards us is not something that is here today and then gone tomorrow, but it is permanent, unchanging and never ending.
“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love”. Jeremiah 31:3.
5) This great everlasting love of the Lord God Michael is not just kept for and manifested towards His people alone, because in Deuteronomy 10:17-18 it plainly tells us that God also “loveth the stranger”. And then God further commands all of His followers to also “Love ye therefore the stranger” (Deuteronomy 10:19).