"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE ONE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD, part 2 quotes
1) The Bible teaches that God is offering rest for all who are weary (see Isaiah 28:12, 30:15; Jeremiah 6:16). With the understanding that God's one true church is made up of people, then you would individually find your rest only by going directly to Jesus (see Psalms 37:7; Matthew 11:28-30), and if you choose to leave Him, then you lose your rest and salvation. Whereas with the understanding that God's church is a denomination, then you would find your rest only by going directly to the denomination, and if you choose to leave the denomination, then you believe that you have forsaken your rest and are lost.
2) The Bible also teaches that God's one true church is the body of Christ (see 1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 1:23, 5:30). In understanding that God's true church is made up of people, then you individually become part of Christ's body by joining Christ Himself and are baptized (see Galatians 3:27-29; Matthew 12:30; Romans 12:5; Mark 16:16). And if you should choose to break away from Christ, then you would no longer be part of His body or church and are lost. Whereas with the understanding that God's church is a denomination, then you would become part of Christ's body by joining the denomination through baptism. And if you should choose to break away from, or should be cast out of, the denomination, then you would believe that you are no longer part of the body of Christ and are lost.
3) The Bible further teaches that God's people will obtain immortality or eternal life (see Romans 2:7). With the understanding that God's church is made up of people, then you would find eternal life only through Jesus (see 1 Timothy 1:16-17; 1 John 1:1-2; John 1:1-4, 14:6), and by disconnecting yourself from Jesus, you have no chance for eternal life and salvation. Whereas with the understanding that God's church is a denomination, then you would find eternal life through the denomination, and by disconnecting yourself from the denomination you believe you have no chance for eternal life or of salvation.
4) In addition, the Bible teaches that you must be saved (see 1 Timothy 2:3-4). With the understanding that God's one true church is made up of people, then you would individually find your salvation by connecting yourself directly to Jesus Christ (see John 3:17; Isaiah 45:22; Acts 2:21, 4:10-12, 15:11, 16:30-31; Romans 5:9-10) and in separating yourself from Christ, you are lost. Whereas with the understanding that God's church is a denomination, then you find your salvation by connecting yourself to the denomination, and in separating yourself from the denomination, you believe you are lost.
5) The Jewish people accused Stephen of speaking "blasphemous words against this holy place" or against their temple (see Acts 6:13). And what words did Stephen say?
"But Solomon built him (God) an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hands made all these things?" Acts 7:47-50.
Stephen told all the Jewish church members that in this New Covenant period God does not dwell in literal buildings, but desires to dwell in the individual hearts of His people through Jesus Christ. Any who desired to worship God must worship Him in spirit and truth, that no one needed to belong to the denominational church or to visit any temple in order to worship God. This meant that no one needed to remain subject to the authority of the corrupt priests or connected to their apostate church any longer, because they could find perfect rest and lasting freedom in Jesus Christ!
6) Today we are the people of the New Covenant system, where God's presence can dwell our the body temple, where God desires to write His law in our heart or mind!
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts, and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." Hebrews 8:10.
"...for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people." 2 Corinthians 6:16.
7) The Bible teaches that it is only "in" and "through" Jesus Christ:
-- that we find the truth (John 14:6)
-- that we become part of the New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:13-18)
-- that we find redemption (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 1:7)
-- that we are justified (Acts 13:39)
-- that we become righteous (Jeremiah 23:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
-- that we have peace with God (Romans 5:1; Philippians 4:7; Colossians 1:20)
-- that we have access to the Father (Ephesians 2:18)
-- that God shows us His kindness (Ephesians 2:7)
-- that we receive grace (2 Timothy 2:1; Ephesians 2:7)
-- that we receive the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:6)
-- that we become wise (1 Corinthians 4:10)
-- that we become alive and live (Romans 6:11; Philippians 1:21; 1 John 4:9; John 14:6)
-- that God works in us (Hebrews 13:21)
-- that we are sanctified (1 Corinthians 1:2)
-- that we are made perfect (Colossians 1:28)
-- that we can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
-- that we gain the victory (1 Corinthians 15:57)
-- that we triumph over sin (2 Corinthians 2:14)
-- that we can remain faithful (Ephesians 1:1)
-- that we can be preserved in sanctification (Jude 1:1)
-- that we become the children and heirs of God (Galatians 4:7)
-- that we can joy and glory in God (Romans 5:11; 15:17)
-- that we receive spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
-- that we become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9)
-- and that we can sit in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6)!
Only in and through Jesus Christ we escape the wrath of God (Romans 5:9); we will be resurrected if we should die before Christ returns (John 11:25); we find our salvation and will be saved (2 Timothy 2:10; John 10:9, 3:17); and we find eternal life (2 Timothy 1:1; Romans 6:23; 1 John 5:11-12)! Our only hope is in and through our LORD JESUS CHRIST (1 Thessalonians 1:3), because anything and everything which is good in us comes only through Him (Philemon 6)!
The foundation of God's one true church can only be based upon Jesus Christ--the eternal and solid Rock (see 1 Corinthians 10:4, 3:11; Psalms 62:2, 18:2, 92:15, 2 Samuel 22:32)! No denomination, religious group, clergy, priesthood, man or group of men, can offer you any of these above items in truth. The only Being who can indeed offer you all of these above items in truth, is Christ Jesus; not Peter, or Pope, or Buddha, or Krishna, or Mohammed, or Maitreya, or any other being--but only Jesus Christ! Only in and through Christ can we gain all things, be assured salvation and become part of His one true church; but outside of Christ, we have, and are nothing!