"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE ONE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD quotes
1) There are 1000's of different denominations all claiming to be God's true church! But do they all together constitute God's one church, or is it just one among them?
Can we depend alone upon the knowledge and wisdom from earthly sources to know for sure? No!
“...know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.” James 4:4.
Since we cannot depend on earthly wisdom, then can we then depend alone upon the knowledge and wisdom from other men to know for sure? No!
“Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm”. Jeremiah 17:5.
Since we cannot depend on earthly wisdom or upon human wisdom, then can we depend alone on our own wisdom to know for sure? No!
“For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent....For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.” 1 Corinthians 1:19, 3:19.
2) Since it is God’s church, then we must go to God Himself to know for sure, and He will grant us all the knowledge and wisdom we need to understand this truth.
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5.
“If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself....But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 7:17, 14:26.
The wisdom and knowledge which comes from God must be our ONLY foundation and dependence in trying to understand the truth of this vital issue.
"To the law and to the testimony, if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15.
3) God’s word reveals that there are only two kinds of powers in this world - either good or evil.
“...do good, or do evil”. Isaiah 41:23.
All that is good comes from God.
“...there is none good but one, that is, God”. Matthew 19:17.
“Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.” 1 John 1:11.
Where does all that is evil come from?
“Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God”. Mark 8:33.
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.” 1 John 3:8.
4) This means that there are only two different kinds of doctrine - either the light of truth or the darkness of error.
All that is true comes from God:
“...it was impossible for God to lie”. Hebrews 6:18.
“He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.” Deuteronomy 32:4.
“For thou art the God of my strength...O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me”. Psalms 43:2-3.
All the darkness of error and falsehood comes from the Devil!
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44.
“But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness.” Matthew 6:23.
There are only two different powers in this world, and only two types of doctrine: not three different types, but only two!
“To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God”. Acts 26:18.
5) Since there are only two different kinds of powers and two different types of doctrines, so there are only two different kinds of churches – either the pure righteous church of God (see Revelation 12:1-5; Ephesians 5:27), or the corrupt Babylonian synagogue of Satan (see Revelation 2:9, 17:1-6).
The church of God is founded only upon God's light of truth (see 1 Timothy 3:15), because God is only the Author of light, goodness and truth. The church of Satan is founded upon lies, because the devil is the author of all darkness, error and falsehood (see also Isaiah 14:4-23; Ezekiel 28:15-17; Revelation 12:7-9). This means that if a doctrine which a church believes is made up of a mixture of truth and error then it can not be God's one true church, but must be a part of Satan's synagogue! This is because Christ and Satan have no union or partnership with each other at any time!
“Hereafter I (Jesus) will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” John 14:30.
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial?” 2 Corinthians 6:14-15.
6) God’s word of truth reveals that God's one true church has only Christ as it's Head and Leader (see Ephesians 1:22, 5:23-24; Colossians 1:18). With Christ as its Leader the church will always do only those things which please God (see Psalms 92:15; John 8:29), and in this condition the gates of hell cannot prevail against it because there is nothing the Devil can find in it to use to his advantage (see John 14:30; Matthew 16:18). This means that God's church cannot and will never fall, but will stand forever because it is founded upon the Eternal and Everlasting immovable Rock -- which is Christ Jesus (see Deuteronomy 32:4; 2 Samuel 22:32; Psalms 18:2; Matthew 7:24-25).
But the church which Satan controls will put a man in the place of Christ as its head and leader (see 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). With humanity as its leader this church will not do those things which please God, but will do those things which please men (see Matthew 16:23). This means that Satan's church cannot possibly stand, but will indeed fall and be destroyed, along with all those who remain in it, because it is founded upon the ever shifting, unstable and deceptive tiny rocks of sand -- which are fallible mortal beings (see Deuteronomy 32:31,37-39; Matthew 7:26-27; Revelation 18:2-8).
7) "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine....and I lay down my life for the sheep...and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10:14-16.
These verses reveal that God only has "one fold" or one true church -- not many! This Scriptural truth repudiates the idea that all the denominations combined make up God's church.
Also, the Greek word for "fold" in this verse translates the same as for "flock" (see Strong's Concordance, #4167). So then who or what makes up this identity of God's one true church -- His "one fold" or "one flock"?
"And ye are my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God." Ezekiel 34:31.
This verse reveals that God's one true church, His one fold, His one flock of today is not a denomination -- no matter how exalted their name, or how loudly they profess. This is because God revealed that His one true church is made up of people.
8) Did Christ choose one denomination over another for His people to worship God in?
"The woman (of Samaria) saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain (the temple at Mount Gerizim); and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for (the message of) salvation is of (was committed to) the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:19-24.
These inspired verses of truth reveal that God's one true church is not made up of this denomination or that denomination, but is made up of individuals who worship God in spirit and truth. This means that you do not need to find any denomination in order for you to worship God, because you can worship Him in your very homes -- just like the disciples and followers of Christ chose to do (see Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:19; Colossians 4:15; Philemon 2).