"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
EXAMINING OUR FAITH, part 8 quotes
1) “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.” 2 Corinthians 13:5.
In Pillars #3 and #4, we learned that on October 22, 1844 God the Father traveled from the First Apartment of the Heavenly Sanctuary into the Second Apartment and sat down upon His fiery throne. Then Jesus Christ also traveled in a cloudy chariot from the First Apartment into the Most Holy Place to begin His atoning and cleansing work as our High Priest before God in this time of the Investigative Judgement and Atonement. This meant that the door to the First Apartment was now closed, while the door into the Second was now open.
“And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament”. Revelation 11:18-19.
The Ark was built like a box or chest and overlaid with pure gold. The top of this sacred box had a crown of gold as a border all around the top edge. Into this sacred box were placed the two tables of stone upon which God had inscribed His law of ten commandments with His own finger and upon which this covenant or testimony with His people was based upon. Above and forming the cover or lid of this sacred chest was called the Mercy Seat.
The Mercy Seat was made of pure solid gold, and it fit precisely on top of this sacred chest and within that border crown of gold. On both ends of this Mercy Seat itself were placed two cherubim angels made of solid gold. Their wings stretched forth and touched one another covering the Mercy Seat, and their faces looked toward one another and downwards towards the Mercy Seat (see Exodus 25:10-22, 40:20-21; 1 Kings 8:9). This arrangement formed an open space in between the angels' wings and the Mercy Seat, and in this open space the divine presence of God was manifested in a cloud of glory.
4) Since Revelation 11 shows this Ark of the Covenant as being in the Most Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary at the ending of the 2300 day/year prophecy in 1844, and the Ark contained the 10 commandments of God, then this shows that the 10 commandments of God are still in effect in this New Covenant period and were not nailed to the cross when Christ died as many believe!
Why is this so important to understand?
“...by the law is the knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:20.
God’s 10 commandment law defines what is sin and what is not sin. So if we break any of God’s law, then we have committed sin.
“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” 1 John 3:4.
If God’s law was nailed to the cross and done away with, would there still be sin?
“I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet....For without the law sin was dead.” Romans 7:7-8.
“...for where no law is, there is no transgression.” Romans 4:15.
“...sin is not imputed when there is no law.” Romans 5:13.
5) If God’s 10 commandment law was actually nailed to the cross and done away with, and thus there would no longer be sin committed in this world today, then what would this mean for all of humanity?
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21.
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Luke 19:10.
“...if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. 1 John 2:1.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23.
If God’s law was really done away with, then we would not be committing any sin, and we would not need Jesus to confess any sins to, and we would also not have any need for Him to be our High Priest and Advocate before God the Father. We also would not need Jesus to be our Saviour from the penalty of sin which is death, because we would not be lost in sin and therefore would not need Jesus to save us. So without God’s law being in force today, we would not need Jesus Christ at all! To do away with God’s law, is to do away with the need for Jesus Christ!
But if we really did not need Jesus, then we would not need ministers to preach the gospel of salvation, which means that these ministers would need to find some other employment to earn a living by. In addition, there would also be no need for church denominations to join and fellowship with, or to support them with our donations, because what need would there be for religion at all!
Those ministers who preach, and those denominations who teach, that God’s law has been done away with on the cross are actually robbing people of their need of the Saviour, and are also making Jesus out to be a liar Himself!
“If we say that we have not sinned (law done away with), we make him (Jesus) a liar”. 1 John 1:10.
6) The Ark of the Covenant was purposely built the way it was to teach us that when we become guilty of breaking God’s law and committing sin in this New Covenant period, then all we have to do is to look up to God, confess our sins and we will obtain mercy and forgiveness through Christ’s blood and righteousness and will not be destroyed. The reason for the two cherubim angels looking toward one another and facing downwards towards the Mercy Seat, was depicting that all the heavenly host were bowing in recognition of God’s great love, compassion, grace and mercy towards guilty mankind! And we should also do the same!
“...holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever. Psalms 93:5.
“Thy way (character), O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God? Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people. Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people”. Psalms 77:13-15.
“To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.” Psalms 63:2.
“We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple....thy right hand is full of righteousness.” Psalms 48:9-10.
“Those that be planted (established) in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat (well fed) and flourishing; To show that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.” Psalms 92:13-15.
7) To exalt the commandments of God as being in force today is actually to exalt Jesus Christ as our Saviour, and to uphold the whole plan of our salvation.
“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning.” 1 John 2:1-7.
This reveals that God’s law is still to be kept today, and in keeping His commandments we show our love to God.
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15.
8) Since God dwelt in that open space with the law and Mercy Seat beneath Him signified that God’s dwelling place is forever established upon law and mercy. God’s law is the foundation of His entire government, and only by Jesus Christ becoming our Sacrifice, Surety and Saviour has mercy been able to be given to us! And to all those who truly love God and Jesus Christ with all their heart, we can whole-heartedly join with the Apostle Paul and King Solomon in saying:
“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” Romans 3:31.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
9) We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and if we really desire to be free from the pressing guilt of sin and avoid its penalty of death, there is every need to flee to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, confess all our sins and forsake and separate from every evil way and plead for Him to forgive us and to cleanse us with His blood from all our unrighteousness in this period of Atonement and Judgement - and He will lovingly do so. God the Father will also have mercy upon us, will clothe us in the precious robe of Christ’s righteousness, and He will also adopt us into His family as children of the heavenly King and worthy of everlasting life!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:16-18.
“...what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:14-18.
“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness”. Isaiah 61:10.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace”. Ephesians 1:3-7.