"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
WHAT is the MARK and the IMAGE of the BEAST?, part 6 quotes (final)
1) What does the Bible have to say about this Image of the Beast?
“And [the Lamb-like beast] deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.” Revelation 13:14-15.
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.“ Revelation 14:9-12.
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.” Revelation 15:2.
“And the first [angel with plagues] went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” Revelation 16:2.
“And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” Revelation 19:20.
“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” Revelation 20:4.
The subject of this Image of the Beast deals with our salvation! If we should willingly connect ourselves with the image or worship it, then we will not be saved, but forever lost!
2) The Image of the Beast
The vast majority of Christians in the Protestant and Evangelical ranks believe that the Image of the Beast is Satan himself, or is the Anti-christ, or some other being. Many in our separated ranks believe this Image of the Beast to be the Sunday Law.
The Greek word used for “Image” is “eikon”, and it translates and means, “a likeness, representation, resemblance, image” (Strong’s, word #1504). This means that this Image of the Beast is a likeness or representation or resemblance or an image of the Beast. This Image is not the Beast itself, but is another entity that resembles the Beast. This Beast represents the Roman Catholic Church, and so the Image of this Beast would represent another religious group closely resembling Roman Catholicism!
3) Who or what represents the Image of this Beast of Catholicism? In order to know this, we must first identify who the Lamb-like Beast is.
“And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” Revelation 13:11-12.
First -- This Lamb-like Beast is seen “coming up”, or in other words it is seen rising to power around the period of time when the Roman Catholic Church received her deadly wound, which we know was in 1798.
John Wesley writes in 1754, in his note on Revelation 13:11:
“He is not yet come: tho’ he cannot be far off. For he is to appear at the end of the forty-two months of the first beast.” Explanatory Notes Upon the New Testament, vol 3, p 299, by John Wesley, 1791 edition.
Second -- This Beast is also arising “out of the earth” and not the sea. The sea would prophetically represent nations and multitudes of people (Revelation 17:15). So then the earth would prophetically represent just the opposite – or a sparsely populated land without established nations and multitudes of people. So this Lamb-like Beast arises from among territory that is not already populated with nations and multitudes.
Which nation was seen arising to power from territory that was not abundantly populated in 1798? There is only one national power that fits this description, and that is the United States of America.
Since the United States of America is this Lamb-like Beast, then what would represent its “two horns like a lamb”?
Horns symbolize the ruling power of a nation, and the ruling power of the United States was its two main foundational principles of Republicanism and Protestantism.
Republicanism: the freedom from the despotic and arbitrary rule of kings and emperors of Europe, by allowing all its citizens to control their own government.
Protestantism: the freedom to follow what you believe to be true in any religious matter, without threat, intimidation or persecution by the Roman Catholic Church or any other denominational or civil power.
But this Lamb-like Beast does not remain Lamb-like or peaceful for ever, because we are told that the United States will speak with the voice of a dragon, and exercise all the power of the first beast or Roman Catholicism.
A nation “speaks” through its decrees and legislative enactments. This means that there would come a time in which the U.S. government would act on the principles of the Dragon or Satan and no longer remain Lamb-like. Or in other words, the US would no longer allow the freedom to follow what you believe to be true in any religious matter, without threat, intimidation or persecution, and thus would begin to exercise all the power of the Roman Catholic Church. And what was this power of Catholicism? The elimination of the freedom of conscience in all religious matters!
4) When the United States speaks with the voice of the Dragon, what does it command? That an Image of the Beast be formed and given life! Who could represent this Image of the Beast or this Image of Catholicism within the United States?
Roman Catholicism is a religious body united with and using the civil power of the nation she controls to enforce her decrees and dogmas upon the people. So then the "Image" of this Beast would be another religious body clothed with similar power. The greatest religious power within the United States are the various Protestant churches! This means that this Image of the Beast would have to be a Protestant religious power united with and using the civil power of the United States to force obedience of all peoples to the rules and commands of the church.
As long as the Protestant peoples remain separate from each other, they are not powerful enough to influence and control the United States government. But if they should unite together, then they would wield massive influence and power! This means that when the Protestant churches of America waive their differences in doctrinal beliefs, unite upon the same common points of faith, and shall then call upon and influence the United States civil government to enforce their rules and commands, then these churches of Protestantism will have formed themselves into an image resembling the Beast of Roman Catholicism!
This means that the Image of the Beast is not Satan; its not the Anti-christ, and neither it is the Sunday Law. But the Image of the Beast is another religious body made up of the various Protestant churches who unite together and choose to follow in the footsteps of the Roman Catholic Church.
5) After the Image of the Beast is formed, every person in the world will be forced to worship them by bowing to the authority of the Beast of Roman Catholicism and the Image of the Beast of Protestantism in keeping Sunday holy, and receive this Mark of the Beast! If any refuse to do so, then they will not be able to do any financial transactions, and will also be targeted for death!
“And he (Lamb-like Beast) had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:15-17.
This clearly reveals that this Image of the Beast must be formed before probation closes for the world, because it is the great test that the people of God must have before they can be sealed by God!
6) Now what if I were a member in one of these apostate churches of Protestantism making up part of this Image of the Beast; then upon whom would my great test be centered upon? Would my great salvational test be centered on another Protestant church that I was not a member in? No, that would not be a very great test for me. But my great test would be centered on my very own church! My eternal destiny would be decided upon whether I would follow the rules and commands of my church and its leadership, or whether I would disobey my church and leaders and instead follow the rules and commands and authority of the God of Heaven. My great test would be decided upon whether I would remain a part of my corrupt church system, obeying their commands and teachings above God, or whether I would show myself completely distinct from my corrupt church system, refusing to obey their commands and false teachings, and instead united with God and obeying His commands. My eternal destiny would be decided on whom I worshiped more – my church or my God!
The Sunday Law will be a big test to God's people, but it is not the great test of the Image of the Beast that determines our destiny!
7) Some of these Protestant churches which can make up this Image of the Beast are: Episcopal; Presbyterian; Lutheran; Nazarene; Methodist; Baptist; Evangelical; Mormon; Jehovah’s Witnesses; etc. What about the Seventh-day Adventist church? Are they a Protestant church? Yes! In fact the SDA church was one of the greatest "protesters" against the Catholic church in the 19th century.
Have any of these different Protestant churches rejected the light and truth of God and have chosen darkness and apostasy instead? Yes. Which ones? All of them – including the SDA church!
“All nations (denominations) have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication” Revelation 18:3.
If you doubt that the SDA church has already given up the light and truth of God and has chosen darkness and apostasy instead, I encourage you to examine what the SDA church today teaches about the truths contained in the 3 Angels’ Messages, and then compare what you find with what they originally taught on these same truths. If you honestly do so, you will be amazed and also deeply saddened at the huge difference between then and now! And there has already been put together such a comparison study of the difference between what the SDA church once believed and what they believe now called “The Transmutation of the 3 Angels” which you can freely read and download off our website (http://www.lightministries.com/SDA/Booklets/id119.htm). If you would like to see a year by year expose on how the SDA church gradually gave up the original foundational truths of Adventism in order to apostatize from God and become like the other apostate Protestant churches, you can also freely read, study and download this list (http://www.lightministries.com/SDA/id1217.htm) or read the book it comes from called “The Abomination of Desolation and Church History” on our website (http://www.lightministries.com/SDA/Books/id94.htm).
8) Since all the Protestant churches, including the SDA church, have rejected the light and truth of God and have chosen darkness and apostasy instead, are they yet waiving their doctrinal differences and uniting together upon a common platform of belief? Yes!
The National Council of Churches is an organization formally known as the Federal Council of Churches – which was organized in December, 1908, and then changed its name to the NCC in 1950. The NCC is made up of various member churches within the United States of America, including those who are members of the NCC’s Ministerial Associations in various communities. The goal of the NCC is to unite all the religions in the USA into one ecumenical package, by waiving their conflicting doctrines and focusing on those beliefs held in common. And, of course, most all of the church members in the NCC are Protestant!
Some of the Protestant denominations who are members within the NCC are:
Assemblies of God
Baptist (including Seventh-day)
Church of God
Latter Day Saints (Mormon)
(List composed from Letter from the National Council of Churches of Christ, January 13, 1965, from Wilbur C. Parry, Associate General Secretary; American Opinion, January, 1982, p 11; Directory of Christian Councils, published by the World Council of Churches, 1985).
These apostate Protestant churches are already uniting together upon a common platform of belief, which reveals that the Image of the Beast is already being formed!
9) This union of the SDA church with the other apostate Protestant churches is clearly revealed in the SDA book, What I Like About...The Lutherans, The Baptists, The Methodists, The Charismatics, The Catholics, Our Jewish Friends, The Adventists; Rescuers of Neglected Truth, by George Vandeman, and published by the Pacific Press Publishing Association in 1986. It was also the Missionary Book of the Year for 1987.
This ecumenical book of the SDA church states:
"The book you hold in your hand is the birth of an idea whose time has come." What I Like About, p 3.
The reason the SDA church can say they like all of these other denominations so much is twofold:
First: the SDA church states: "We want to build bridges" (p 51), because "we are all God's family together" (p 83).
Second: the SDA church agrees with and is teaching the very same false doctrines as these other Protestant churches!
10) “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.“ Revelation 14:9-12.