"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE GODHEAD vs THE TRINITY, Part 4 quotes
1) Is the Holy Spirit also a God in heaven? If you should ask a Trinitarian, they would declare that the Holy Spirit is a person who makes up part of just 1 God, or is a manifestation of this 1 God, but is not a God by Himself.
“There is one God...In God there are three persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost...” The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p 31, by Peter Geiermann, C.SS. R., IMPRIMATUR, September 16, 1957.
If you should ask this same question to one who believes in the spiritualistic mysteries of Babylon, they would declare that the Holy Spirit is born or proceeds from the one God, but the Spirit is not a separate person or entity.
“The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Godhead--the infinite source of all. It is the Breath of Atman,--the infinite power of God. It is not separate from, but operative through the Christ--the Higher Self.” Dictionary of All Scriptures and Myths, by G.A. Gaskell, p 366 (this dictionary uses the philosophic sacredly held writings of all religions such as Zoroaster, Philo, Swedenborg, Buddah, Hermes, the Qabbalah, etc., in order to derive the definitions. Hence these definitions are mystical and spiritualistic in nature).
“Put thy trust in the Divine Breath--the Holy Spirit--which is the functioning of the Absolute [God] upon the buddhic plane.” Dictionary of All Scriptures and Myths, by G.A. Gaskell, p 816.
“‘I [Father of All Things] order you [Son of Light] to go forth, to become as a guide to those who wander in darkness, that all men within whom dwells the spirit of My Mind (The Universal Mind) may be saved by My Mind in you, which shall call forth My Mind in them....for I am the Mind of the Mysteries...’” The Secret Teachings of All Ages, p XL, by Manly P. Hall – 33rd Degree Mason (Hall is quoting Hermes or Cush who was the interpreter and founder of the mystery religion of Babylon. Cush was also the father of Nimrod, who then founded the kingdom of ancient Babylon and based its mystery religion upon the teachings of his father).
There are sadly multitudes of Christians who innocently believe these pagan/papal/Babylonian and spiritualistic teachings - that the Holy Spirit is not a God Himself, but is just an essence, or the power, or the mind, or a manifestation of this one Father - God, and yet they do not realize it!
2) Is the Holy Spirit actually a Divine Person and Being Himself, other than both the Father and the Son, or just an essence, or power, or mind, etc. of God?
-- What exactly is a person?
“Any human being considered as a distinct entity or personality; an individual.” Funk and Wagnall’s Dictionary.
-- What exactly is a being?
“The quality or state of having existence...something that actually exists...conscious existence or life...the qualities that constitute an existent thing...especially personality...a living thing; especially a person .” Merriam Webster’s Dictionary, under being, at http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/being, accessed 2-8-13).
-- What exactly is personality?
“Distinctive qualities or characteristics of a person....That which constitutes a person; personal existence.” Fund and Wagnall’s Dictionary.
3) Does the Bible state that the Holy Spirit think for Himself and make His own decisions?
– “And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit”. Romans 8:27.
This Scripture plainly reveals the Holy Spirit Himself having a mind.
4) – “For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things” (Acts 15:28).
This inspired passage reveals the Holy Spirit Himself helping to settle questions during this Church Council at Jerusalem.
5) – “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.” 1 Corinthians 12:8-11.
These verses reveal the Holy Spirit Himself dispensing gifts to different individuals according as He Himself wills.
6) – “Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.” Acts 16:6-7.
This scripture reveals the Holy Spirit Himself forbidding some from going to preach the gospel in particular places at certain times.
This means that the unerring word of God stated the Holy Spirit has a mind, can settle questions, can dispense gifts as needed, and can direct various aspects of the work in spreading the Gospel around the world. This clearly reveals that the Holy Spirit thinks for Himself and makes His own decisions.
7) Can the Holy Spirit act for Himself?
– “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”. Luke 4:18.
This verse reveals the Holy Spirit anointing Jesus and sent Him out to preach the gospel. Yet some believe that the “Spirit of the Lord” was only the Lord God’s own spirit and not a different Person and Being named the Holy Spirit that anointed Jesus. But God's word of truth does not agree with this.
“Come ye near unto me [the Lord God Michael/Jesus Christ], hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.” Isaiah 48:16.
This verse clearly reveals that it was the Holy Spirit Himself, along with God - the Father, annointed and sent forth Jesus.
8) – “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”. John 15:26.
This scripture reveals that the Holy Spirit is not the Father, but that He is sent by the Father Himself to comfort us with the truth, and the Holy Spirit also testifies to us of Jesus Christ.
9) – “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” Romans 8:14.
This inspired verse reveals the Holy Spirit Himself leading God’s people. In fact, even Jesus “was led of the Spirit” (Luke 4:1).
10) – “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26.
This scripture reveals the Holy Spirit Himself teaching us, and causing us to remember the truth.
11) – “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” John 14:16-17.
These verses reveal the Holy Spirit of truth comforting us Himself other than Christ, and that He also will dwells with us and in us.
12) – “And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man”. Genesis 6:3.
This inspired passage shows the Holy Spirit Himself striving with us. But how does He do this?
“Nevertheless I [Jesus] tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment”. John 16:7-8.
The Holy Spirit Himself reproves us of our sins, of the way of righteousness, and of the judgment soon to come, showing that the Spirit Personally knows all about us!
13) – “Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them”. Nehemiah 9:20.
This scripture reveals the Holy Spirit Himself instructing us.
All these inspired verses plainly reveals that the Holy Spirit anoints, testifies or witnesses, leads, teaches, comforts, dwells with, strives, reproves, Personally knows and instructs God’s people. This clearly shows that the Holy Spirit can act for Himself.
14) Can the Holy Spirit speak for Himself?
– “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.” John 16:13-
These verses reveal the Holy Spirit Himself speaking, guiding, hearing and showing us the truth.
15) – “Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.” Acts 13:1-4.
These scriptures clearly reveal the Holy Spirit Himself speaking, choosing, calling and sending forth others.
16) – “And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.” Acts 21:11.
This verse reveals the Holy Spirit Himself giving messages to prophets, and their prophetic message came to pass (see Acts 21:27-36, 22:22-30). In fact, the entire Bible was written by holy men and women inspired by the Holy Spirit Himself!
“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:21.
This Scripture reveals the Holy Spirit actually is the author of the Bible Himself.
All these inspired verses plainly reveals that the Holy Spirit speaks, hears, guides, shows, chooses, calls and sends forth others into the work, and inspires people on what to say and write. This then clearly shows that the Holy Spirit can indeed speak for Himself.